11 January 2011

The Intimate Nature of Handmade Goods

Earlier tonight, I was winding some yarn in order to start swatching for some projects I have in mind. I was struck by the gorgeousness of the colors in each skein of yarn that I wound. This is to be expected, since I personally chose each skein. Some of them didn't have a specific project in mind when I bought them, others did. I had a sudden thought that I wanted to make out with my yarn & decided it would probably be a better idea to just take pictures of the yarncakes and put them on the internet. So here ya go. :o)


Here is some lovely Socks That Rock lightweight yarn in colorway "Valkyrie". It's one of the Raven colorways, and I think the lovely variety of colors in this skein (not all of which are visible in this picture--my camera isn't fantastic and...well, I'm impatient) is definitely fitting for that line and definitely lives up to its name.


Another colorway from Socks That Rock, this yarncake is "Mustang Sally" in their heavyweight yarn--something like a heavy sport weight, I think. I love reds, I love semisolids, I love the subtle variegation in this yarn. The name inspires me to knit something saucy from it. We'll see how this goes.


This Malabrigo pure merino sock yarn in colorway "Alcaucil" is undoubtedly the most subtly hued of this group. The blues & greens remind me of water and call out to be knit into something cozy & subtle.


More Socks That Rock! This is "Puck's Mischeif" in their heavyweight yarn. I love the riot of colors here and I definitely feel like this calls to be knit into something bold and playful. Would Puck want anything less?



1 comment:

  1. I am in love with the Raven line myself and want all of the colors....but I must say that I am drawn to the Puck's Mischeif the most in this presentation. I can't wait to see what they all decide to become.

    ReplyDelete