09 January 2011

Sweaters in all sizes!

Some knitters always have at least one pair of socks going. For me, the can't-stop-knitting projects are sweaters--you may have noticed. Lately, I've been all about knitting sweaters for some of my vinyl & resin "kids". I still have somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 or 4 sweaters for me in various states of completion, but doll sweaters are awesome because they're super portable compared man sweaters. Also, I just like knitting for my dolls.  :o)


Pattern: My own
Yarn: Universal Yarns Classic Worsted Holiday 
in 'Silver Bells' (white with a strand of silver plied in)
Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars in size US7

Here is my American Girl Dolls Josefina in a pullover I knit from a ball of yarn leftover from the Belacqua Cardigan. I wanted Josefina to have something warm & cozy to wear and who doesn't love a bit of sparkle in their wardrobe? I'm not super excited about the collar here. I was thinking of re-knitting it, but this is almost a year old & I haven't yet, so we'll see what happens. The idea for the collar 'looked' different in my head... maybe I'll take what I learned from this & make some changes on an upcoming design, who knows?


Here's Chico in a little Teddy Bear hoodie I've started for him. You can tell by the unwoven ends dangling about that it's really not quite finished yet, but the Malabrigo Sock Yarn is completely snuggable, still!


Pattern: my own
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock in colorway 'Cordovan'
Needles: Hiya Hiya bamboo DPN's in size US0 
and 
Addi Turbo Circular needles in size US00

He definitely likes the earthtones, and the earthtones like him! As I was working on this little pullover for him, I reminisced back to the days when I thought I'd never never ever knit with anything finer than worsted weight yarn and absolutely never would I knit on needles smaller than a US7! 


Pattern: my own
Yarn: Universal Yarns Pace in color 'Chocolate'
Needles: Addi Turbo Circular needles in sizes US0 and US00

Now, I find myself shopping for sock yarn, fantasizing about finding the perfect colors and building my own stash of fingering weight yarn that will never be knit into a sock. There could be worse fates, no?

1 comment:

  1. As always I love the patterns and you do such great work. I have to say that my fantasies don't fall along the same lines as yours...but there are worse fates. ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete